We recommend taking the following additional precautions to protect your install base:
- Make sure your mail protection solution is blocking macro-enabled documents and .js scripts
- Ensure that you have blocked user access to downloading Tor by blacklisting the following URL: www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html (the Locky virus in particular relies on downloading and installing the Tor browser and some versions may use Tor to contact the command and control servers)
- Block any items falling under the category of “proxy avoidance” or “anonymizers.”
- Disable Java in client browsers.
- And we suggest that access to the following IPs be completely blocked at the firewall:
Learn more about the Locky virus here